Tuesday, October 14, 2008

E is for Elephant and Eggs


This week we worked on Letter E. We had alot of fun!!! Well, I least I did. She was still getting over being sick so some days she was excited and others not so much. She knows the sound of letter E really well and she recognizes the letter, she just has a hard time with the name of the letter. So this week we made letter E out of playdough. Mine are the yellow ones and she did
the pink ones. Then we made an elephant puppet that was pink of course. She loved playing with it and making the sound of an elephant.




















The next day we had fun feeding the elephant. I made an elephant out of a cardboard box and
left an opening for his mouth. We read a bookabout elephants and learned about what they ate. Then she got to feed the elephant some peanuts. She had a lot of fun lifting up his trunk.

Shelby got to play with us one of the days, because she stayed home sick. Makena made paint her
elephant that day. They also played the Elefun game. Makena had fun but was getting frustrated
that she couldn't catch any butterflies.


















Then the next day we talked about eggs. We read some stories about who lays eggs besides chickens. She was amazed with some of the other animals that layed eggs. Then we made our own eggs out of playdough and learned to count to 12 and we practiced our colors. We also
smashed some egg shells and colored them and we made our own egg. I have decided we have more fun then welearn probably, but hopefully she is picking up some of it.






























2 comments:

Fab Five said...

Wow! I am impressed with your preschool ideas. Make sure you remember them and I can use them for Katera.

Kacey! said...

That is so cool. Maybe now that I'm back to evenings I could do some of this stuff with Tallen. Well I know you're doing your Trick or Treating thing today. I hope that you guys have fun! Talk to ya'll later!