Friday, October 3, 2008

D is for Dinosaur!


D is for DINOSAUR!!!!!! ROAR!!!! STOMP...STOMP. For the
last two weeks we have been learning about letter D. I have
been really busy and we have had sick kids, so we have only
been able to fit in a couple of days each week. We have
learned about ducks, dogs, and dinosaurs. One of our school
days last week Makena had two extra friends. We painted
dinosaurs and made a duck out of shapes. Makena had so
much fun having school with her friends and I think her
friends......Makena (the other Kena is what Makena calls
her) and Gavin had fun too. Another one of our school days,
Lexi got to be with us. She had stayed home sick so we had
school with both of them. Lexi had so much fun. We traced
letter D with pudding, which Lexi thought was so funny.
We glued feathers on a picture of a duck and we also made
a duck out of a paper plate. Today was our dinosaur day.
We searched for dinosaur bones in the dirt (play dough) and
then we made a picture of a dinosaur skeleton with the
bones we found. Then we made dinosaur feet and stomped
around the house while we sang....
I'm a mean old dinosaur
Big and Tall
Here is my tail and here are my claws
When I get all hungry
Then I'll groooowwwl!!!
Watch out kids, I'm on the prowl.
(sung to I'm a little Teapot)
We had a lot of fun. This week Makena has been sick so she
has not been interested in doing anything but watching TV
and sleeping. In fact today....she was trying to finish her
lunch and she said she wanted to go lay down so the next
thing I know she had gone in her room, turned on her fan,
and got into her bed. That is not like Makena at all.
It is a good thing we got our school in when we did. We
are still having so much fun. I was a little bit of a slacker
the last two weeks, but I am ready to pick it up again this
next week. Letter E here we come.




This is one of the ducks we made when Lexi stayed home from school.

















2 comments:

Kacey! said...

oh my gosh, I'm so glad that you guys are having so much fun. Where do you get all your ideas? Do you mainly just do crafts? Does she know what the letter looks like and what it sounds like. Or do you just focus on having fun? I so need to whip myself in the butt, and try not to shut down when I get home from work.

5-against-1 said...

I just get on the internet and find things for us to do. We do
a craft or two everyday that goes with the letter we are learning. Yes, she knows her letters. She knows the sounds the best. So we learn with flash cards and workbooks and then we do fun things with that letter.