Sunday, September 21, 2008

Letter C



Last week we learned the letter C.... I can't
believe how fast she is learning her letters.
I know she has learned some with me, but
we mostly have fun making projects. She
watches the Letter Factory from Leap
Frog and she knows about half of her letters
already and their sounds. And now anywhere
we go she says, "Mom, A is aaaaa or B is and
she makes the sound." She gets so excited!!
So this last week our theme was Cows. We
made a lot of cow crafts...one was a puppet
and another was a shape cow. We also talked
about where milk came from and I put milk
in a latex glove and poked holes in the bottom
and she practiced milking. She thought that
was so fun. I asked her where does milk come
from and she said "squirt" Then we made
butter the next day. She loved to shake it
and then loved to eat it afterward. She said
"Mom this is sooo good, I made it" We are
still going strong and having lots of fun!!!



1 comment:

Kacey! said...

How do you make butter? I need to try to find more time, now since i'm working days, it's been hard for me to make time. I guess I just got to look at it as fun time, like you do. And not worry so much about the actual learning, it will just happen, and not try to force it! I'm am so glad that you are having so much fun. This is something that Makena will remember forever I think. And she will think that her mom is so cool. I think that often the younger children get lost in the shuffle of things and don't get so much one on one time with mom. This is exactly what you and Makena need! Love ya :)