So I know Christmas has been over for weeks but I promise this is the last post!!! Christmas morning was a blast!!! Santa thinking very highly of himself, was pretty sure he aced this years
Christmas!! Will see by the kids reactions? Our family got a Nintendo
Wii which as you can tell was a big hit!! And we love it, the girls played it nonstop for 2 days!! Now it is our favorite past time to do with the kids! It gets us off the couch and we are spending lots of time laughing and having fun!!

My
little teenager was able to get what she asked for an "American Girl Doll" !! The one she got was named Kit and she hasn't put her down for three weeks now. She loves to change her clothes. She puts her
pjs on when it is time for bed and gets her dressed in her fancy dress when it is time for church. Way to go Santa!! She also loved spending Christmas with her cousin Trey!


My little bugs first Christmas!!! After 4 children, I decided that letting her sleep in was a-okay with me. So she didn't get to open her gifts until about 11 am that morning. After she was fed so she was ready to experience something new. She only had about 4 gifts to open and one would have been plenty. Actually, all she needed was the paper and she was all smiles. Because that was all she was interested in. I don't think she paid any attention to her toys.


She did love her present from
Grama!! A baby as big as her that felt like a really soft pillow!!!

My little boss loved her Christmas!!! She asked Santa for a Mrs
Goodbee's talking house and that is what she got. And some of the stuff that went with it. She was so excited!!! She also got a little horse that she could ride on just like her big sis. Santa hit the jackpot on this kid!!


Here she is practicing her photography with her new Cinderella camera. Say Cheese!!! She always tells me how to pose and how to smile. She has been paying attention to mom all these years.

Last but not least, my little sweetie got was she has been wanting for 3 years!!!
Smores the fur real horse!!! Santa splurged on this one. She also got some other horse stuff and what every cowgirl needs...................cowgirl boots!!! This kid loves horses!!! She will someday be our next rodeo queen.


But I have to say, it is not always good giving your children what they ask for for Christmas!! I was watching a program of new years resolutions for kids and it said to "Deny your Children"!!
What? We need to not give them everything they want so they can feel the feeling of disappointment. Well, I feel like I do that!! I don't give them everything they ask for, except when it comes to Christmas. I feel like because of Jolly old Saint Nick, I feel like I need to give them what they ask for. What parent hasn't gone to the store at the last minute when one of our children change their minds. Well, if you are wondering why I am rambling....Smores is since been taken back to the store!! When we got home my little sweetie only played with it maybe once!! What? That is not the kind of expense you want to be played with only once!!! After 3 years of asking for it, it wasn't that great after all. Deny, Deny, Deny!!!
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! I love your end statement about "denying the kids". I need to do that more often. However..... Kate did say she wanted a hamster for her birthday this year and I had NO trouble denying her that request. I love ya Heather!!
AHHHH!! Heather your kids are the cutest things ever!!! I luv your blog! It's good to finally get in touch with you all. I've been wondering and thinking of you guys over the years! Good to hear from you--keep in touch!
WOW What fun! Glad Santa was on top of his game, and got the girls what they wanted. :) Man he is good. I need to get less. I always say we aren't doing much, but then it comes and they are spoiled. Now they don't know what to play with~ I wish I would have kept boxes to return stuff.
Post a Comment