Thursday, December 11, 2008

Puttin up the Tree






It is about time for a new post don't you
think!!! We finally got our tree up last
weekend. The girls were bugging me like
crazy, so Friday after school we got to work.
I love Christmas and I love my house when
it is decorated, but I hate the process.
Putting the tree up kills me!!! I apologized to
my kids before we even started, so they
would know that when I got frustrated it
wasn't because of them. I have one of those
trees that you have to fluff each branch and
put them in one by one.!! AHHHHH!!! It
drives me crazy, plus I am a perfectionist and
so the lights all have to be in the right place
and the ornaments in a certain order and
formation!!! Crazy I know, but that is the
reason setting up the tree makes me so
crazy! I will have to say that this year wasn't
so bad. I am surprised we even got it right
with following the directions from a 3 yr old.
And speaking of "fluffing", it was hilarious!!!
We told the little boss that we had to fluff the
branches before we put them on the tree, so
she grabbed a branch and squatted down and
made a lovely "fluffing" sound!!! Then she
handed it to me and said "Here, I fluffed it"
We all died laughing!!! My little bug even got
to participate!!! She didn't like touching the
tree so much but she did love dancing to the
Christmas music. She had to go to bed before
we got it all done, but she still had a lot of
fun. We started setting up the tree at 6:00pm
and we got done at 9:00 with a break in the
middle to eat some pizza and take a bath. We
all had a fun time. Here is a picture of the
girls before we started putting on the
ornaments.




No comments: