Thursday, January 13, 2011

Say "Yes" to the dress!



Today Lexi and I had a special mother/daughter day!! I got her out of school early and we headed to do a little shopping. We had a very special task ahead of us....choosing her fancy Baptism dress. We went to a couple of stores but one of those stores was by far our favorite. She tried on several dresses...did a lot of turning and twirling and looking at herself in 3 huge mirrors. We finally found the perfect dress.!! She loved, loved, loved it!! While we were trying on these dresses on, I had a flash forward moment!! I kept seeing Lexi trying on Wedding dresses and trying to pick just the right one. I know that is not very far off, but for now I will take the #2 White dress. After picking the dress we were off to find all the needed accessories...shoes and headband. We shopped until we dropped, well maybe not dropped...but until we were famished. We
headed to one of Lexi's favorite restaurants 'Texas Roadhouse'. It was funny I ordered the kids meal and she ordered the adult meal-a juicy red steak!!! That's my girl! What a great night! We had so much fun. Thanks for the memories Lexi!



2 comments:

Lhone said...

what??? I can't believe she is old enough. What an adorable dress. it looks like a wedding dress. wow.

Robyn said...

I love the dress she chose! She looks so pretty. That is a great store for finding baptism dresses!