Friday, January 7, 2011

Storytelling Contest!

Today was a big day for my second grader!! Before Christmas each child in each class had to tell a story by memory to their entire class. When every one was done the Teacher chose two people from that class to compete at the next level. Well, Lexi got chosen along with two of her BFF's to move on. So today was the day they recited their story to the whole second grade! She had practiced very hard through Christmas vacation and she was ready to go!!! When it was her turn I thought she was going to pass out from being so nervous. Her face was as red as a tomato!! But when she got up there all her practicing paid off...she did GREAT!!! She didn't skip a beat!
After she was done her Teacher let her go early and we went and celebrated with a Oreo shake at Stephs. Just mom, dad, and Lexi!! I don't know what she liked better....the shake or special attention from her proud parents!! After celebrating we went back to the school to pick up Shelby and we got an Awesome surprise! We found out that Lexi won!!! YAY!!! She was so excited. Now she moves on to the next level....she has to recite her story to the whole school!! I wonder what color her face will be then. Great Job Lexi!!! We are so proud of you!



















2 comments:

Kacey! said...

How fun for her! I'm glad that they didn't make me do that in school, I would have flipped out for sure! Did she make the story up, or is it one that she had read?

Lhone said...

i just saw her picture in the paper. congrats!!