Sunday, January 9, 2011

Da.da.ta.da...do you hear wedding bells!


Yesterday was an awesome day!! Jessi...(Bob's)
oldest daughter got married in the Mount Timpanogos Temple. It was really neat! It has been quite some time since I have seen a marriage. The sealer was so Awesome! He reminded be so much of my grandpa. What a spiritual giant. I came away from that ceremony having learned so much! I don't have a very good relationship with Jessi, but I was very happy for her. Especially with the fact....that she did it the right way! In this day it is hard to stay on that straight and narrow with so many things trying to pull you away. Her new husband seems like a great guy...I say seems because we have really not been given the opportunity to know him. Hopefully that will change! He comes from a great family!! I hope the best for them. The one thing that I kept thinking sitting in the Temple watching them...pretty soon that is going to be one of my daughters... I hope!! I hope I can teach them and they can live so they can do it the right way! What a special day that will be!

When Bob and I met Jessi was 10. She has just had her world crumble down on her with her parents splitting up. Without getting into all the nasty ex stories....her mom made it very difficult for me to have any kind of relationship with her. And still to do this day it is very strained and superficial. It makes me sad! I wish we would have been given a chance. I wish her luck in her new life and I am glad she was a great example to my girls by getting married in the Temple!
This the funniest thing ever!! It may be TMI but I have to share!! So for their honeymoon Jessi and her hubby are going to the exact place Bob and I went on our honeymoon and this is the kicker!! This place has only 1 suite if you know what I mean. They are going to be getting to know each other in the exact same room her Dad and I got to know each other!!! We didn't share that info with her before she left so it wouldn't ruin the moment. But we sure will when she gets back!!! LOL too funny!

2 comments:

Robyn said...

She looks gorgeous! I hope you can get a better relationship with her. And wise choice on not telling her about the honeymoon sweet! Maybe wait until their 1st Anniversary for that one :) lol

Lhone said...

She is really beautiful! I've heard many "steps moms" talk about the same problem with their husbands' ex getting between them and the kids. its too bad that it happens. Maybe she'll need some advice in her new life now.