Tuesday, June 28, 2011

ER....

 Remember the post about the Ambulance!!  I didn't need an ambulance because my hubby was home but I did need the ER! I am really going to put myself out there on this post! Be gentle!

I have been so obsessed about my weight lately. Maybe because I have gained quite a bit of weight in the last two years.  The summer we moved to St. George I lost about 30 lbs and loved it.  Since then it has been an uphill battle.  Which I have attributed to stress and the fact that I have horrible knees which limits me to what exercise I can do.  So with my own feelings about myself coupled with the sweet little innocent comments that my girly girls make.....i am obsessed about getting the weight back off.  Even so much to try diet pills that shouldn't be tried.   I don't know if any of you ever taken Hydroxycut.....if not... don't! 

I planned the week...I am ready to go...all Gongho!!  Sound familiar.  Took hydroxycut with each of my so healthy planned out meals.  I am so excited at the end of the day...everything went great.  I exercised and ate great.  Check off day one!  Wait!!!  Not until after a trip to the ER.  I got ready for bed and my body started burning again...way worse than before.  The first time it came and went and this time it was constant.  Then I started shaking...not like I am cold shaking....like uncontrollable shaking. Then I started with the crazy.  Bob called the emergency room and they told us to call poison control.  Bob relayed my symptoms to them and they said they were worried about me having a seizure so to head to the emergency room.  That is what we did.  Called a friend over since it was 2am and headed down.  I must have looked pretty bad because we barely got started with the admitting process before she called someone to come and get me.  Long story short....we sat at the emergency room for about two and half hours...never saw the doctor....most of the symptoms wore off....and we headed home.

The moral of the story is #1....don't ever take hydroxycut again!  #2...I have to learn to be happy with me.  Does this sound familiar?  Didn't I just post something about this.  What can I say I have been struggling.  Our most recent favorite show is "America's Next Top Model".  They start out with 12 girls and every week they have photo shoot, commercial, and runway competitions.  In the end there is one girl who wins.  I watch that show and wish that I could look like them...but that is not reality!  It is never going to happen.  But after watching that show...really anyone could be a model if we got to benefit from hair, makeup and wardrobe. I still need to learn to be happy with who I am!  There is a song by Selena Gomez that my girls like...it is called "Who Says". The lyrics go "who says, who says your not perfect, who says your not worth it, who says you're not beautiful, who says"..."I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me".  Someday I will believe that no matter how I look!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Heather, Heather, Heather!!! Girl...you are beautiful! You are always put together...ALWAYS. You are so dang talented and crafty and you KNOW how to put a home together. Just because you aren't the size YOU think you should be...doesn't mean the rest of us do! I know what you mean though...I really think it's a struggle for the majority of people. Even us mom's who have the responsibility of making sure the world around us doesn't affect our girls negatively, struggle. It sucks...I give ya that. But...don't get down. There are so many people, including myself, who look up to you and think you are wonderful!!!

Robyn said...

Heather YIKES! Holy cow- you are beautiful. I tried some "natural" crap and it made me CRAZY!!! They are not good and not worth it. I'm glad you are okay :)

Lhone said...

I almost started taking hydroxycut. Glad I didn't! Thanks for the warning. I've been very slowly starting to add excercise, slow jog/walk, pull up bar, and am doing a higher protein diet. I'm with you, it is not easy to lose weight. I haven't lost a pound, but I lost 3 inches off my belly. Can't be too bad, huh!