This year I tried to have an Christ Centered Easter!! Just like Christmas I wanted the kids to really know why we celebrate Easter. So every night we opened a numbered egg and inside them were a scriptures and an item that goes with scripture. One night is was a piece of soap, another it was a piece of a thorn bush, and yet another was a sacrament cup. We opened one every night for 12 days. It was lots of fun and kept us dedicated to reading at least for a week.
We also had a few activities...one was the last supper which the girls loved. We spread out a blanket on the living room floor and we ate chicken, salad, strawberries, and scones. The girls said..."Can we do this more often?" and we made resurrection cookies and rolls. I think the girls had fun and they learned more about our Savior too. Even I learned some things I didn't know as we studied. We had a great week.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Do you have the book? I so would like to do that next year.
What a good idea! You need to blog these things ahead of time so we can copy!
Post a Comment