
Doesn't this look like a beautiful spring bouquet of flowers? Look again! Lexi thinks the dirt is delicious!!!

I am really not a
jokester so April fools is usually just a normal day for me! Well, this year I made an attempt to break the mold! There were a million things I wanted to do but after I decided it was too late. I wanted to make them a fun April fools dinner....but my girls are so picky anyway...I thought that would make things worse. Besides all the dinners I found were mostly made out of candy....I wouldn't want to give any ideas to my little garbage gut (
Karli)!! So we had a pretty normal day with the occasional..."Mom you have a spider on your head, April fools". Shelby did saran wrap the toilet so dad could make a mess for mom to clean!
Yay for me!
Luckily she told him before anything happened. And I made each of the girls a bouquet of flowers for dessert. Dirt in a pot....with worms & slugs......and beautiful flowers! I gave each of them a flower and told them how much I love them. Then I took my own bouquet and took a big bite out of the dirt. They all looked at me in disbelief....especially
Karli. Needless to say they all loved their treat! The worm and all!

The only one the was not so thrilled with the idea was
Karli. She would not touch the stuff. Not one single bite. All she said was "that's yucky" or "that's
digusting". She decided she would rather just play in it and plant and re-plant the flowers. Boy do they smell good!
They even found a butterfly in one of the bouquets. Happy April Fools! Until next year...the
jokester is is ready and
raring to go!
3 comments:
what a cute idea. I might use it next year.
So fun. I am kinda lame on this holiday.
Such a good mommy!! I need a few pointers~
Post a Comment