Why oh why, can I not love the skin that I am in!! i want to be able to love my muffin top, i want to be able to embrace my cellulite dimples, i want to eat what I want when I want it, and i want to be happy when I am in a swimming suit. Needless to say, I want my cake and eat it too...literally!
I have come to realize I do not have the patience for weight loss. I want to work out for a week and then lose 5 pounds, then continue on to the next week. I want it right now. I don't want to wait for months. If you try hard to work out and eat right, you should get rewarded for it. But apparently that is not how it works.
I just want to be happy with who I am and how I look regardless of what that is. I want to stop limiting myself to activities that my kids want to do because of my insecurities. One day maybe I will be there, but for now....still struggling.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Don't you just admire those who are happy with themselves regardless of what "themselves" looks like? Oh I so do! Oh this world of ours that constantly is throwing at us women what we should look like in a swimsuit, in our clothes, crap....in our pj's! You are BEAUTIFUL miss Heather. I really do mean that. And I know that husband of your thinks so too.
Don't we all!! Don't we all!! I keep trying to tell myself that there are people out there that would love to be in my skin, but somehow it just dosn't matter. What I do will never be enough, I will always have something to be insecure about. I think that is a woman thing. You would probably be suprised about what some of these "perfect" people are insecure about!
I'm right there with you. And, I think people that say they are okay with themselves even though they are overweight...are lying to themselves. Just my opinion.
Amen!!! I hate the fact that in my mind I feel skinny and then I look in the mirror or see a picture of myself and I am slapped back into reality. I wish my self esteem wasn't so based on my outward appearance, but it totally is. I just want to go back to my skinny college days and have beautiful clear skin again. I sure wish I could snap my fingers and make it happen!! I have said sooo many times, I just need to be comfortable in my own skin, but it is definitely easier said than done. Just know you aren't alone! :)
Post a Comment