Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Humps!!!

I love this little girl...she is so much fun!! For about a week she had the hives...of and on. I was never able to pin point what caused them. Nothing in our environment had changed, she hadn't eaten a strange food, there was just nothing that was different. Other than the amount of stress she had been under. So I attributed the hives to stress that she had put on herself.
Ever since the big earthquake in Japan and the tsunami that followed, she has been a wreck. It didn't help when the school decided to do an earthquake drill right after this horrific event in Japan. If I can tell you a little bit about Makena.....she is extremely sensitive and very literal. So if they have an earthquake drill at school....well, that means we are going to have an earthquake. If you teach her about fire safety....then that means we are going to have a fire. Needless to say we have to be very careful how we approach topics.
So between the earthquake and all the talk of having a flood around her she has been a basket case. She won't let me out of her sight. She doesn't like to go to school because I am not there. Either myself or my hubby have to be with her at all times. Even in the house...if she can't see us she will stop whatever she is doing just to make sure she know where we are.
I think with all that going on her little head she was bringing on the hives herself. But she referred to them as the Humps!!! That brought a little humor to the situation we were going through. I hope she grows out of this so she won't have to be worried all the time.

3 comments:

Amy said...

What a sensitive little soul!! I love to see the little people our kids are developing into. Addie is so similar. I have been a little worried about flooding, which she picked up on. Now she wants to watch the weather twice a day and go check the river....oh great!!!

Lhone said...

It's amazing what kids pick up. My kids have been freaking out about things at the house, and so I've had to let go of my stress just so they can let go of theirs. I hope you figure out the hives thing.

Amy B. said...

My little Grady gets hives when he stresses....sounds like the same thing to me!