Monday, April 4, 2011

Bring on Conference...we are ready!

I think I might have solved the conference dilemma!!! At least for the first session. So every time conference is on I try to figure out how to get the kids involved and keep them quiet. Yea...i can always put a movie on for them in the other room, but they wouldn't get anything out of conference. But it is also very important that mom and dad do! I have always printed off conference packets for the girls to do while watching. Well, this year I added a little extra incentive.....a conference snack pack!! I filled up these baskets with popcorn, juice, candy, crackers, suckers, etc....And the only time they could eat any of it was when they were watching conference. It worked great..that is until the power went off. We had a power outage during the last hour of the morning session of conference and had to listen to the rest on the radio. That kind-of put a damper on the activities when you can't color what the Prophets tie looks like.
The power was on for the afternoon session and the girls did great with their packets. They had fun and the extra bonus was I didn't feed them all day. They were too full of snacks!!






I got these suckers from the dollar store!! They are hilarious!

Karli didn't quite last through all the coloring so she just made a fort with all her animals under the table.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Heather!! Thanks so much for letting me take a peek at your DARLING little family. You are such a cute mom and do so many fun things with your girls. You're my hero!

Lhone said...

Those are cute little packets. Can I come to your house for conference next year.