Monday, October 4, 2010

What my girls do during conference...

I love conference weekend!! I love that we get to stay home from 9:00 am church and more importantly that we get to listen to all the council given from the apostles. The only thing I don't like is how hard it is to keep my children quiet and at least listen to one of the speakers. What a hard thing it is for them to do. I always print out the conference packet for them to do and that keeps them entertained for at least an hour. Finally, we give in and let them go play quietly or watch something else. During conference this year....this is what my girls did to stay entertained while mom and dad kept saying shhhhhh.....

Shelby (my creative child) made a hospital room for Kena or any other sister who wanted to be prodded, tested, and made bloody. We have the oxygen going, an IV going, monitors for heart, and lots of bandages. Wow, what this kid won't think of. They had a lot of fun!!! Maybe they weren't spiritually uplifted, but at least I got to be for awhile. The last thing I want to say is....I am thankful for my DVR so I can go back and really listen later.

3 comments:

Lhone said...

that was scarily creative. maybe she has chosen a profession?

Kacey! said...

That is so funny!! She really did look like she was in a hospital!

Robyn said...

Oh how hilarious! I love the fake blood- it just adds a nice touch :)