Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We Made IT!!!!!!

So we made it!!! We got all our stuff down here safe and sound and Sunday was our first official day here with everyone. The girls love it!!! This was taken behind our house, we have a common area that is shared by all the houses where we live. There is a little waterfall and two small ponds. One of the neighbors tells us there is a white goldfish in there and a turtle. But we have yet to see them. The girls go out there every day to play!! They say they feel like they are on vacation. We are still trying to get unpacked!! But we are having fun!!! We have already had fun at two water activities this week and the weather isn't as bad as I thought. Well, at least not yet. My girls are already getting tan!!! Imagine that!!! We are having fun, but missing everyone back home.

We did not however have a nice welcoming committee. We all arrived here as a family on Sunday and Monday we got the devastating news that my hubby was laid off!!! Along with 25 of his fellow co-workers. So selling the house was definitely a blessing in disguise!! We both knew we needed to sell the house and move...but we didn't know why. Now we know!!! I had a friend of mine write in her blog that she is a "glass half empty" sort of person. Well, I am too. I have been feeling like that for the last two days. It is so hard to look at the blessings you have been given when something like this happens. My hubby on the other hand is a "glass half full" kind of guy. I am so proud of him and how he has been handling this. We are devastated and scared, but we are trying to stay positive and keep telling ourselves that everything happens for reason. I am glad we listened to our promptings and were able to sell our home. I am thankful to not have that kind of stress looming over me. We go from promotion to elimination.....go figure!! I am still trying to understand all of it. So for now we are job hunting and who knows where it will take us. Maybe even back home. Keep us in your prayers!!! We sure need them!!





4 comments:

Lhone said...

Man, that stinks. I hope everything works out for you guys. (and i know you were talking about me:) We miss you guys already, so come back!

Foster's said...

Oh Heather, I am so sorry. I know you guys will be alright because you are fighters and The Lord loves you and your beautiful family. I wish I could be HALF the mother, wife, and woman you are! I miss you. Call me. Love ya, Josie
p.s. Meadow says to tell Lexi Hi, and Alex finally admitted that he thinks Shelby is cute:)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about your hubby!! What a mess, and I would be the same way too. But things will work out (easy for me to say huh?) and things do happen for a reason, I really believe that. Your family is SO adorable!

John and Charese said...

OH MY GOODNESS! What the heck... I am so sorry to hear the news! I am so glad you don't have all the extra worry of house and bills! What a beautiful picture of the kids and backyard! Hope all is well. I am sure all will work out! Good luck! My parents are trying to buy a house down there.. so I may soon be visiting ya!