Tuesday, June 16, 2009

When it Rains......it Pours!!!

So I will try to keep this my last dreary post for a while. These things usually happen in three's (I am not really superstitious), so I hope you won't be hearing from me again unless it is positive. Last week while (window) shopping... I received a call from my mom....giving me the awful news of her being diagnosed with colon cancer. It takes you so off guard, you don't even know what to think or do. Cancer is such an ugly word!!! You think it is never going to happen to someone you know and love. She ended up needing some more tests to know how bad it really was, and luckily all the test look good. She will end up having surgery at the end of this month and then we go from there. They will have to do some more tests after the surgery to see what her treatment plan will be. But for now we are hopeful!!!

I have spent a few days in tears!! In shock!! and In denial!! But I am also trying to be positive for her and give her support. We will see what the next couple of weeks brings.

I swear my life lately has been a trial, but I must need to grow and learn from some of these things. I have to be thankful for my blessings and know there are so many more people going through worse. I don't know why sometimes I run across these things when I am blogging. And maybe it is so I can put my life in perspective, but tonight I came across this blog................... http://famofcookies.blogspot.com/. There is this sweet little girl, who is just a few months younger than my little bug, who just won her battle with cancer...this far. She was diagnosed at 6 months with neuroblastoma cancer and has spent the last several months in and out of hospitals, having surgeries, and smiling through it all. It kind of makes you think about that what you are going through is maybe not so bad. I hope and pray my mom will have the same success story!!!

No comments: