Saturday, June 27, 2009

Update!!!

Just an update on my hubby!!! We have had a long week!!! Today is Saturday and he is still on the hospital. And he is going stir crazy!! This has been our week!
Monday: Scary day!! He struggled to breath, and was hooked up to oxygen. He couldn't talk very well and I banned all phone calls. He had a heart monitor on. We were both pretty scared. We had lots of tears and lots of anxiety. Jessi came and helped a ton!!!
Tuesday: He was breathing better. Was still on the oxygen. Could talk better...but it hurt him to cough, laugh, or sneeze. Still banned from talking on the phone. Today had an echo on his heart and leg. We found out he still had a clot in his leg and that he has a hole in his heart. More tears..... The hospital experience has not been a good one so far....from the lady putting us in triage for 15 minutes while my hubby couldn't breath, to the doctors dropping bombs on us with no explanations, to nurses calling my hubby a Pansy!!! So today I had a "knock that crap off" talk with the Doctor and the nurse!!! Things got much better after that!!! Jessi still here helping with the girls and staying with my hubby at night.
Wednesday: Talked to cardiologist to get a plan. Talked to Doctor!!! Not great news but at least we were getting some answers. He is much better today!! Could talk on the phone, laugh without pain, and got up to take a shower.
Thursday: More and more improvement. Finally getting my hubby back!!! Oxygen came off today.
Friday: He feels great, wants to get out, and is starting to go crazy being in there.
Saturday: Thought he was getting out today, but it didn't happen. Now he is getting mean and nasty!!! Can't wait for tomorrow!!!

It has been a rough week!!! It is hard to be in a new place and not know anyone, when you need so much help. My sister and grandparents have been GREAT!! I am thankful to have family around. I am so Thankful for my blessings and have really realized how precious life is this week. That feeling will continue into next week when my mom has surgery!! Sometimes we take for granted the things we have and then we have to be reminded of those things. I have definitely been reminded.

2 comments:

Lhone said...

Wow. That is so scary. Blood clots and a hole in his heart. Dangerous combination. If you need a good doctor to fix the hole, let me know I'll get you Sherman Sorenson's number. I'm so sorry that you are going through all this. I'm glad he is surviving it. Keep us posted.

John and Charese said...

HI HEATHER~ I am so so sorry! I just got on and read your blogs... WOW! What a blessing it is that you are down out of the canyon close to a hospital! That really scares me..if somethings happens and having to drive 30-40 min down this canyon! I am so happy things are getting better. What a scary thing! We will definatly pray more and harder for you and your family! Stay strong!