I am so sad I did not grab my camera last night!!!
For some reason the power went out last night at
about 8:00 pm. Go figure.....there was no rain, no
wind, not snow...what the!!! It must be because of
where we live. All it takes is for someone to sneeze
and the power goes out!!!
Anyway, so I was just finishing up getting the girls
showered. Everyone was done except for my little
boss. When all the sudden the lights go out!!! It
was pitch black. I am not kidding. You couldn't
even see one thing. There was one girl in the play-
room, one in the hall, one in the shower, and luckily
my little bug was with her dad. All of them had one
thing in common at that very moment.........blood
curdling screams!!!! It was chaos!!! We hurried and
finished the shower and I went to get a flash light,
hoping that it actually worked. The girls like to play
with them. So I found ONE!!!! ONLY ONE!!!! That
worked. All the girls were huddled around freaking
out. So what did we do..................jumped in the car
and drove around with the DVD player on. Like we
can't survive one night without the TV. That really
wasn't the case......the girls were so upset that was
the only way we could calm them down. We drove
around for awhile to settle them down and then went
back to the house. My sweet hubby went down stairs
and rummaged through all the camping stuff and
found three more flashlights and some other batteries.
Whaooooo Dad!!!!! Then we tried to get them to
go to bed, which turned out a lot easier then I thought.
We just had to leave a flashlight on in each room!!!
After the kids were in bed it was 9:00 pm and then
what was I going to do!!! I never, never, never go to
bed that early.. It was like torture. It ended up being
a fun experience, but I did learn that I need to be a
bit more prepared when little things like that happen.
I am just glad daddy was home to help us get through
it.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That cracks me up. The DVD in the car. I saw a lot of people out driving around trying to calm their kids down. I think I'll have to do dark drills so the kids get used to being in the dark. I can't imagine THREE girls screaming!
Wasn't that fun!? Thank goodness for the fireplace, we flipped that on and everyone curled up until the lights came on. And when they did come back on, I wished they hadn't cause the house was destroyed. Games, snacks, blankets,etc everywhere!
That's so funny they were all screaming. I was at work when the power went out, so I didn't get to see my kids reactions. Luckily Charese took care of them for me. I'm super jealous of your spa day! Sounds fabulous. I'll have to do it after I'm done having babies...if that ever happens...YIKES!
Post a Comment