Sunday, February 6, 2011

Clean and Pure....

Now I've reached the age to judge
The wrong road from the right,
And I am here to be baptized
In this dress of white.
So once again I'm free from sin.
The path is clear to me.
I'll grasp the rod and hold on tight,
I vow with certainty.
Just as mud would stain my dress,
Sin would stain my soul.
The key is to repent or bleach,
For whiteness is my goal.
(Linda Gay Perry Nelson)

Feb 5th 2011....what a special day for my little Lexi! She has been waiting and preparing for this day for a long time. It finally came!! She is such strong, passionate, and sensitive little girl. The Sunday before she got baptized she had her interview with the Bishop, which went GREAT! We did however find out that none of the primary leaders were going to be able to be there which was adding to the number of people that couldn't make it. I went to Lexi and asked her if she wanted to postpone her baptism for a month so more people could come. And her response was..."No mom, I am suppose to get baptized on Saturday and that am getting baptized on Saturday!...That is what I am suppose to do!"

She was all prepared..
interview with Bishop...check
sew baptism dress.....check
get a towel with her name and date of baptism....check
assign talks to mom and Grama Sindy....check
understand why she is getting baptized.....check
invite all her friends and family.....check
be totally excited......CHECK!!!



What a wonderful peaceful morning! We got all the food ready. Got the finishing touches done to her dress. Played a little with cousins. And headed out the door with DAD!

The baptism was so Awesome! All her practicing with her dad paid off!! She only had to go under once and she even got warm water!! She learned about baptism and not turning herself blue with sin from mom . She got a charm bracelet from grama and learned about the Holy Ghost feeling the comfort of the blanket grama brought. (good thing...because she was freezing.)



Even though you had a lot of family not be able to make it. There were still lots of people there who love you. Your school teacher Mrs. MacFarlane came. You loved that!! I think that made your day!











Your two BFF's were there!! Brooklyn and Carsyn! (and their Awesome moms)
Sekoya and Katera were there. And Sara and Trace came too!

Here is everyone who loves you! Including DAD taking the picture.





This is your awesome Baptism book that Auntie put together for you!! You got to write your testimony in it and how you felt today. You said...


warm, happy, clean, sick, cold.

Today I was so excited for my baptism that I couldn't sleep. I was sick though. I had 102 temperature. When I got baptized the date was 2-5-11. Who baptized me was my dad and guess what I sewed my own baptism dress. I had the best day today. But I got forced to do Thank you cards to everyone. It was the best today. Thank you for everything mom and dad. And thank you for baptizing me dad. You guys are the best.

Alexis Kay Lynam

I think it was the best today too!




Here are the cute little cards you were forced to do!! I think they are pretty darn cute myself.












After....we came back home and had yummy food! I had the house all decked out in your favorite color and made a #8 bouquet with sugar cookies! After lunch you were playing with your cousins and friends and you dame up to me and said. "Would it be rude not to play with my friends? Cuz I don't feel good and I want to lay down." I asked her how she didn't feel good and she said,"I didn't want to tell you this because I didn't want to ruin the day....but I haven't felt good all day!" I took her temperature and it was 102! No wonder she was freezing when she got out of the font. I was sure glad grama brought that blanket to keep you warm. I felt so bad for you...but it was so sweet you waited because you thought it would spoil everything.

Lexi~~~

I am so proud of you !! You are such a special girl with a bright future ahead of you. Remember to always choose the right and keep smiling!!

Love mom



Lexi~~~

I am so glad that heaven sent you to us!! I love you so much!

Love dad

3 comments:

Kacey! said...

What a special day, I am so sad we couldn't be there! It looks like she had a great day though!! I'm so glad! I love you guys, I wish you still lived close. That would be fun for us. I'm glad that you blog though, because even though we can't be there with our totally awesome bodies, (wink, wink)we are there in spirit and we LOVE you!!!

Robyn said...

Oh what a sweetie! Poor thing being sick. What a great day though :)

Lombardo Family said...

She is such a sweet thing. Poor girl not feeling well on such a special day. Looks like she made sure to not let it ruin it too much. You are such a great mom! Wish you were still my neighbor so I could take lessons.