Thursday, August 5, 2010

Baylee we love you!

We just back from Wyoming yesterday!! It was fun to be there but it was under very sad circumstances. We lost our niece and cousin Baylee on July 28th. She had an accidental death and was taken suddenly from us. She was such a special girl and a great example to my girls.
We learned a lot about her this week while attending her services. What a remarkable person she was.
--she was a friend to everyone
--she wasn't afraid to stand up for her beliefs
--she was strong and courageous
--she knew what she wanted and worked hard to get it

I was a great example to my girls and I hope they can be like her. Especially, in the way she treated others. The girls have been praying for her every night...letting her know how much we miss her and love her.

I learned so much this week...and have found myself a person I admire even more. My sister in law has been so strong through all of this. She is an amazing person!! Her FAITH has never wavered through this whole trial. Instead of receiving and wanting comfort, she is giving it!!! I am in Awe of what an incredible person she is. She is such an example to me. I have been having such a hard time with the things we have had to go through the last year...in fact I will admit...i have been angry! I couldn't understand why these things were happening and what I had done to deserve it. What I should have been doing is looking at it as a blessing!! And what things we didn't have to go through. My sister in law was not angry at all for what happened, just thankful for the time she had with her daughter. I told her when I grow up, I want to be like her. I have a long way to go, but I hope that I can be a spiritual giant like her.

Another thing I have learned this week is life is too short. That I need to worry about the things that really matter.
*Just for this morning, I am going to step over the laundry, pick you up and take you to the park to play
*Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put that puzzle together.
*Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the phone and keep the computer off, and sit with you in the backyard and blow bubbles.
*Just for this afternoon, I won't worry about what you are going to be when you grow up, or second guess every decision I have made concerning you.
*Just for this afternoon, I will let you help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you trying to fix them.
*Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms and tell you the story of how you born and how much I love you.
*Just for this evening, I will let you splash in the tub and not get angry.
*Just for this evening, I will let you stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars.
*Just for this evening,I will snuggle beside you for hours while I miss my favorite TV shows.
*Just for this evening when I run my fingers through your hair as you pray, I will simply be grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given.
And when I kiss you good night, I will hold you a little tighter, a little longer, it is then that I will thank God for you, and ask Him for nothing except one more day.

We never know how long our journey is here on Earth and we need to make the most of it everyday. As a family we are all going to try a lot harder to live each day like it was our last.

1 comment:

Lhone said...

I AM SO SORRY. That is really tough to lose someone so quickly.