Tuesday, February 2, 2010
You know your getting old when.....
I have to say that even though I have four kids and being 34 yrs of age.....aaagh!!! I really feel like I am still in my 20's. Until today that is.....(this story is more for me than anything). Yesterday I went shopping at the mall. I went in that store called Forever 21!!! I had seen them advertise it on GTU all the time so I thought I would try it out. It was an interesting store, but I shopped around....bound and determined to find something to help make me feel a little younger. I guess I am having a mid-life crisis or something, because the day before that I bought a pair of very frayed jeans. Very cute though!!! So anyway, I found a cute cardigan and bought it and was on my merry way. Well, I got home tried it on and didn't like it. Imagine that!!! My husband calls be the take back queen which I openly admit to. I don't know what it is about buying something and taking it back but I do it all the time. And I do mean all the time!!! Today I tried to take it back. I got to the register with all four of my kids...running and chasing each other might I add. I was very frustrated already with this being the 3rd store we had gone today with all 4 of my children.. The clerk calmly said I can return it for store credit only. I was confused....I had my receipt. Well, apparently at that store they do not let you return for your precious cash back. They only give you store credit...which I did not want. Don't ask me why I bought anything from this store in the first place....but I definitely did not want store credit. So I proceeded to tell her that this was the only store in America that would not let you return something WITH your receipt and get your money back......and that the clerk did not inform me of that when I bought it. So she says "well it is right there on the bottom of your receipt". And then I said "well I didn't see it until after I bought it". She gave me the look!!! The look that says "Listen lady....I don't care I just work here and by the looks of it you shouldn't even be shopping in this store anyway. You are way past 21 and you definitely haven't stayed there forever." Needless to say I felt old today!!! And after aimlessly walking around the store looking for something to spend my store credit on.....I settled on a necklace and some makeup!!! I did learn something else today...I will not be shopping at that store anymore.. At least for a couple more years until my daughter asks me to take her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard! I guess when its on the receipt but STILL! I hope you enjoy your jewelry and make up :)
Argh...that's frustrating. I had a store experience like that. I got a skirt home and realized that the hem was coming undone ( I hadn't even worn it), and they wouldn't even exchange it, let alone give me my money back. So dumb. haven't been back since. hopefully stores like that get the hint by a bunch of lost business.
Post a Comment