Today I came across one of those blogs that you can't pry yourself away from, you bawl like a baby with every word that is said, and sit in awe at the spiritual giants these people are. The story was about a little boy who drowned in his mommy's big tub! She put her boys in the tub and walked away for just a minute....got distracted. He is still in the hospital and doing much better. The parents are amazing and the spiritual strength they have is incredible. It is one of those stories that after you are done reading it....you start thinking.
You start thinking about how precious life is. How not so bad your kids are. How much you love them. What else you can do to spend more time with them. How you can be a better mom. You vow to yourself that you will never let yourself get distracted. How life is too short................
So for today and many days to come...I am going to hold my baby tighter. Give my kids an extra squeeze. Be more patient with them. Be less distracted by the things that don't really matter. Hold on to the things that matter most!!!
If you want to be amazed by the spirit and faith of this family go to http://www.stakerzxposed.blogspot.com/
They have really opened my eyes on how to have and show Faith!!! She says in one of her posts that Faith and fear can not exist together. There is not room for both. And that fear is an agent of the adversary!!! Which brings me back to thinking about my life. We have been in so much turmoil lately over what to do, how to get back on our feet, and have some stability in our lives. I have been so afraid to make decisions because I fear the that they will not be the right ones.
Now what I have been going through does not compare to what this family has dealt with this past week. I need to be stronger and show more Faith. I need to get rid of my fear and let Faith chase it out! So for today and for many days to come..... I am going to be stronger and have more Faith....to let the spirit in and guide me more. To try to make decisions from my heart instead of my head.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't dare read her blog! I can tell I will bawl my eyes out! - I know its scary but I think you guys have lived on faith! Decisions are hard to make and its good to look at all the options and angles. Just think where you might be if you HADN'T moved to St. George and lived 4 minutes away from the hospital!
I know you can do it! you're all together and thats what counts right ?:)
seriously, if you lived in morgan still, that would be awful. Good luck on making all the decisions. that is a tough spot to be in in life. I wish you all the best.
So I read the blog and it was on my mind for 3 days straight. I wanted to stop reading becuase I don't like sad stories, movies, blogs, etc...but I just couldn't tear myself away. Thanks for sharing, it was very inspiring. What faith and courage. I took your advice about focusing the "important" things in life a little more. Thanks...YOU are also inspiring to me in many ways...
Post a Comment