Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bad Mother Award!!!

This happened awhile ago and I forgot to post it!!! I have never felt as upset as I did this day!!!
My girls have one day every week that they get out early!!! Just by one hour!! Anyway, for some reason I have had a hard time getting used to it. On this particular day........I totally forgot about it!!! I was just going about my day...playing with my girls and cleaning. When I heard a knock at the door. It was a little neighbor girl asking if the girls could play. I looked at her and then my heart sank!!! I looked at the clock and it had been a half an hour since I was suppose to pick them up. "Why had they not called me?" "Where are they?"

So I hurried and put the other girls in the truck and drove like a maniac to the school. When I got there the girls were not outside, the front door was locked, and I was sobbing massive tears by now. I was terrified!! Where could they have gone? My heart was beating as fast as my tears were coming. I didn't know what to do. After about 15 minutes I found someone who let me in the building and my girls were sitting in the office waiting patiently for their forgetful mother.
Lexi looked as scared as I felt and Shelby took one look at me and said "Mom, what is wrong?"
These little notes were made while Lexi was waiting. I felt so bad!!!

I got everyone home and just kept crying the whole night. I had never done anything like that before. For the rest of the week it was a pretty touchy subject. I would cry any time anyone brought it up. I definitely earned the bad mom award that day!!!

Now a couple of times a week.....I will panic about that time of day!!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Oh my you poor thing! Why didn't the school call you? I am glad they were fine! Kev and I did the same thing one day! It had been about 5 minutes so he was the last one to get picked up, luckily he didn't care! But I felt stupid.

5-against-1 said...

They did try to call me but I was vacuuming and I couldn't hear the phone. So they called Bob and got him all worked up because he thought something had happened to me.

Lhone said...

oh man...that is so sad. I think almost every parent has forgotten stuff like that. I hate days that are different than the rest. Don't they know that parents have enough to think about without adding to it? keep the same schedule every day.