Wednesday, August 26, 2009

First Day of School!!!


So I can't believe that school has started!! Where did the summer go? We just had so much fun this summer or heartache that is just flew by. The girls were SOOOO nervous about school. Almost enough that they wanted to stay home. I think I was even more nervous than they were. And I still am!! I still don't know very many people and it is scary sending your kids to a place with a bunch of strangers. But they are doing great!!! They have met a bunch of new girls and come home with a smile on their face every day!!!
So this is my little worry wart, I still can't believe she is getting so old. She misses home a lot. Just the other day at breakfast she said, "Mom this has been a nice vacation and all, but can we go back home." I think she would jump at the chance of moving back. But I do give her credit for trying to make this work. Her sister prays for her every night that she will find a BFF. It is so cute!!

And this is my little social butterfly!!! I asked her how her first day was and she said, "It was a blast"!!! What more can you ask for!!! She even has a couple of BFFs, that is what she calls them. And she absolutely loves her teacher.
This is how they are everyday!!! The go hand in hand to school. I love that they are so close!!!
I can't wait until my little boss gets to be included next year.

Speaking of my little boss!!! She was so upset that her sisters got to start school and she didn't!!!
It has been torture on her waiting for her school to start. But she does get to spend some quality time now with her little sister. After we dropped the girls off we went and played at the park until it got to hot. I hope these two grow to be as close as their older sisters.

3 comments:

rkkorth said...

Your girls looks so grown up. I can only imagine how nervous you were to send them off today to a new school.

Shelby is too young to get braces.... I can't believe she's that old!! I think we are probably going to have to head down that road eventually too, except for Kate has only lost 4 teeth total, so I guess time will tell. I (yes me) am planning to head down that road after this baby comes. NOt like 5 years wasn't long enough, but I guess it's the price I am going to have to pay for NOT wearing my retainer after they came off....Give Shelby this advice when those braces come off to "Wear your retainer!!!"

Jen said...

What cute pictures. The last one is my favorite! I love when sisters are friends!

Robyn said...

Wow Heather I cant believe how grown up your girls look! Shelby is totally a little teenager! I hope all is well with you guys!