Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Last Hoorah!!!!

We spent our last hoorah of summer at Grama's house!!! We met daddy half way and we went to the Demolition Derby!!! I thought it would be fun for the girls to see what a derby is all about. They thought it was so fun to see the cars run into each other. And of course my little boss was always rooting for the pink one. We got there a little to late so we didn't end up with any seats, but the girls had fun with their cousins sitting on the ground peering through the fence. Even my little bug got in on the action.


I think the girls had fun!! But not enough, to do it again!!! We also spent one night roasting marshmallows in Grama's back yard. I think the girls like roasting more than they like eating. They look pretty tasty to me!!!






And last but not least the girls got to stay up and watch movies a couple of nights. One was outside under the stars with Grama's projector!!! The girls absolutely love this. We get blankets and go lay on the grass under the stars and watch movies. With lots of candy and popcorn!!! Another night we watched one which included a lot of nail biting and covering of eyes!!! It really wasn't that scary!!! All in all we had a great time. And I even got to get pampered while I was there. I got my hair done, my nails done, and an awesome pedicure. What more can a girl ask for!!! It was a great way to end our summer.



3 comments:

Lhone said...

That's funny. My kids like the roasting more than the eating. The derby looked fun! Even through a fence.

John and Charese said...

Sounds and looks very enjoyable. I love Derbys! Sounds like a great summer! Now for school... Glad things are still going well.

rkkorth said...

Ok Heather...this cracks me up to think of you and your cute little cute girly family at the Demolition Derby! Good for you.....it sounds like a blast!! I hope things are going good for you guys!