Sunday, October 23, 2011

Conference Socks!

My girls love conference weekend and this is why!!!  I started doing this about 4-5 conferences ago and the girls love it.  They can't wait for what they are going to get to do!  This is the first time I have done a Halloween theme...which seems crazy because conference is in October.  But it was way fun!!!

On conference weekend...which is for the most part on Sunday.  I make each of the girls a bucket or basket full of goodies and fun things and then I include a conference activity packet they can do while they are watching conference.  The only time they can eat their goodies in their bucket is while they are watching conference.  We set up a card table in front of the TV, with lots of crayons and markers.  We are all set!

Here are a couple of samples of what the girls got to do..  Kena and Karli got to trace the names of the Apostles.  All the girls got a sheet with a bunch of ties and every time their was a speaker they had to color the tie of that person.  Karli was hilarious!  She kept saying...do I need to color his bow?  Even in church the following Sunday, she asked if she needed to color the bow of the speaker.  I think she had a lot of fun.  They were all very entertained and full of goodies through the first session of conference.

This year I added one more thing to our buckets!!  Our conference socks!  The girls loved them and kept them on all day.   In Kena's prayers that night she prayed that when the prophet speaks that we would feel warm fuzzy feeling.  I love when the show you that they actually listen! 

So the girls got these glow in the dark suckers and so we had to try them out!!  I love the girls faces in the second picture.  The light was actually off so it was pitch dark before the flash.  The little ones had their eyes covered so they wouldn't be scared.  What a great conference!!  I love when my girls listen cuz that means mama gets to listen.  I love being spiritually fed!  Can't wait for April!

This time we got a special treat...Lexi made us conference cookies.  They put them together at Activity Days so all she had to do was add a few other ingredients and bake.  She made them all by herself.  She mixed it together, added the other ingredients, put them on the cookie sheet and baked them.  I love the picture of her waiting for the cookies in her conference socks.  The cookies were delish!!!  By the time this day was over there was no need for lunch or dinner.  The were pretty filled and hyped up with SUGAR!


3 comments:

Lhone said...

What a great idea! Youare always doing the cutest things with your girls!

Kacey! said...

What a fun mommy! You are so inspiring.. wish I had that much ambition I wanted to do a fun little basket for Halloween.. but... I didn't!

Amy said...

Good job you! You are so smart and creative to make it into a super fun weekend that involves your girls in the spirit of conference?