Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Tree of Life!

Shelby puts on quite the family night!! So much planning and preparation! Like mother, like daughter I guess!! We have been reading the scriptures as a family and it is slow going but at least it is going. So a little while ago we read about the Tree of Life vision and just recently we rented a Living Scripture movie from the library about it. That got Shelby's mind a turning!

She she created the Tree of Life reenactment for us. She strung black string all over...from the bedrooms through the living room down to the basement. Back and forth, Back and forth! Then she built the great and spacious building with music, treats, drinks, and a lot of dolls to laugh and scoff at us as we go by. Then down the stairs was her tree with fruit and all! She is so creative and fun..she is going to be a great mom.
Here are the girls playing up the part!! I think these two are the best at these roles!!! Karli is downing her drink and Lexi is singing it up!!
Here is Lexi holding on the the iron rod! She made it through! When we participated in this activity the lights were off and they had to find their way through the darkness. There was also an added surprise!! Me--playing Satan...trying to get them to let go of the rod. I could get Karli every time by offering her some candy! Hopefully...not a sign of things to come. We had a lot of fun! Great job Shelby!

4 comments:

Jill T said...

I'm so impressed with her lesson. Way to go!

Lhone said...

that is impressive! What a cool thing to let your kids teach!

Lombardo Family said...

Are you kidding me? That Shelby is one amazing girl! Why oh why did you move away? I sure would have liked to have her as our permenant babysitter.

sindy said...

way to go Shelby looks like a fantastic FH I'll bet the girls loved it MoM ... the devil!!!!WoW love Gramma