Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Birthday!!

Happy Birthday Shelby!!!! I can't believe she is getting so big!! She wanted to spend her birthday in Richfield this year with EVERYONE!!! Most especially Grama who had a birthday just two days before. We had a blast!!! We went roller skating with Sekoya, Katera, Kelsey, and Kenzie. The girls first started out on roller skates, but Shelby quickly changed to roller blades.



Grama helped her around for awhile until....whamo she is doing it all by herself. Way to go Shelby!! She is usually not so daring but today she decided to be. She even got grama up on roller blades. Dad got up on them too....and fell!!! It was pretty funny until he didn't get up.
He ended up being okay...he just hurt his elbow and his pride.

What a bunch of cute girls!!!
We love all our cousins..it is so fun to
be with them.

Then we headed back to grama's for a birthday feast of Taco's...Shelby's favorite. Especially at grama's house. Then it was time for presents!!! We teased her at first that the only thing we got her was a candy bar....but she knew better. She got a couple of things for her American Girl doll, the last Fablehaven book, and last but not least a cell phone. What a cell phone at her age? Well, to justify my purchase...she is very responsible, it will let mom keep track of her (my strings are still tied), and she is paying for have of the monthly cost...teaching her that things don't come free. She was so totally surprised and excited. We tried to have it all set up that when she went to open it that it would ring!!! But it didn't work...she was still surprised anyway. She requested for her cake....Better than anything cake!! One of my favorites too!!! We had a blast! Grama's is definitely the place for a party!!


This is the....no way, it's a cell phone face.
This is the I love my phone face.
And this is the NO FAIR face!!!
And the mom opened that can of worms for
the rest of my girls and the cousins about
when they should get a cell phone face . SORRY!

3 comments:

rkkorth said...

Sorry...it's been forever since I've looked at blogs. I can't believe that Shelby is old enough for a cell phone. I fear we are close behind you. I've resorted to making Kate take the walkie talkie's with her when she plays with kids in the neighborhood or is riding her bike so that i can contact her at a moments notice. I guess the day will come when she'll want to be running around with kids outside our ward and neighborhood.

What a cute girl she is....all your girls are. They are definitely growing up. Let us know if you ever venture back to Morgan we'd love to see you!

Robyn said...

I cant say yet whether I think your crazy! lol. I don't have a kid old enough to even think about a phone yet! She is so cute I'm sure she is totally in heaven! :)

Lhone said...

wow, a phone. that is crazy. it looks like they had fun skating. roller blades were hard for me, so i'm impressed.