Sunday, September 4, 2011

Locks of Love



Today was a bitter/sweet day!!  Her beautiful locks are gone!!  I am kind of torn between my feelings!  I am sad because I loved her hair long.  But of all my kiddos she has the most tender head.  Long hair and a tender head make a recipe for some not so fun mornings.  It was so long that we just always pulled it up.  She never wore it down unless it was all curly and even then it would get all tangled. I guess you could never really tell how long it was. 

Grama was here visiting and so we did it!  Lexi was begging her all morning to do it.  She was so excited to give her hair to someone who needed it.  It was so cute...the night before she was telling grampa what she was going to do with her hair and said, "I am going to give my hair to kids that need cancer".  We all knew what she meant but it was pretty funny.  Lexi has such a big heart and if there is a way to help someone else then she is all for it.  Even when it means to sacrifice her long hair that she loved.

We got all ready.  Put it in a pony, braided it, checked to exactly 10 in. with the ruler...over and over and over again.  Then snip, snip it was gone.  I was nervous about how she was going to feel afterward.  All there was.....was excitement!!  She loved it!!  All she did all day was brush it!  She could never really do that before without hurting her head.  She left it down for three whole days, which never usually happens.  I think it looks darling!!!  I am so proud of her, what a big heart she has!


1 comment:

Amy B. said...

I did this about 5 years ago...and I said I would do it again but I haven't! It's weird to think that my hair was sooooo long...I think I donated 12.5 inches...crazy! I am so impressed by her kindness to do this...especially at such a young age! Way to go MOM!!!