Monday, April 12, 2010

Spring Break!!

Spring break for us was last week....and it was the whole entire week. Which is great if you have plans to go somewhere, but if not....aaaaaagh!!! We had big plans to go play in St. George. Dad was going to work and the girls were going to play. Well, that got shut down on Monday. My hubby took the suburban in to get something fixed and that started a whirl wind of things!! At the end of the whirl wind....we sold our suburban to the Loucks and bought a new car!!! Yay!!!
We had been talking about it for months and then we just got a little nudge. I didn't want to get rid of the suburban because it was paid off, but I did. The lucky thing was I ended up with the exact car that I wanted, even the color. I absolutely love it!!! Hopefully, I will love the saving in gas too!! So here is a picture of my new ride!!


I did feel bad though because I ruined the girls spring break. Instead of going to St. George we just did a bunch of little things. We went to the dinosaur museum on Monday, played with friends and fought with sisters on Tuesday and Wednesday, we went to the Zoo on Thursday, and went to Grama's and swam for the weekend. I think they still had a lot of fun!!

Karli hated the dinosaur museum. The whole time she said "scarwy". She didn't even like the water and sand part. She must not have been in the mood!!! But she loved the Zoo!!!! She loved the baby elephant and the monkeys swinging. When you asked her what she saw at the zoo...she said "epant grass eat, baby epant sweeping, and mokys swing" It is so fun to listen to her cute little voice and hear how she puts things together. I didn't take any pictures because just how many pictures can you really take of the zoo.

The days we didn't have anything planned the girls would fight like crazy and make me wonder how I am ever going to get through the summer. Especially without all of the fun water stuff we had last summer.

Then we went to my mom's and spent the weekend..The girls went swimming with daddy and I made strawberry freezer jam. I wish I would have taken my camera to my mom's. On Friday night when we got there it was pretty late, but Karli was still running a million miles an hour. She was so cute...she would get in front of my mom's oven which was mostly glass so she could see herself and she would dance like a ballerina. She would lift up her leg and spin around. We were laughing so hard. We had a lot of fun..but we were glad when school started on Monday!!!

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Sounds like fun! Love the new car! And I hope the Loucks' enjoy the suburban!

Lhone said...

Love the car! and, I'm dreading the summer to. I got a brochure for summer camp....tempting, but probably not!

rkkorth said...

Fun times..Congrats on the new car. I thought I saw the white burb around the neighborhood and was totally confused thinking you may have moved back secretly. Now I get it!!!