Tuesday, March 24, 2009

St. Patricks Day!


So we started off St. Patricks Day with green pancakes and green eggs. They loved the pancakes but wouldn't touch the eggs. I gave them to my little bug and she just ate them all up!!! I had to laugh because my other girls just looked at her in horror as she ate them. This is how the day ended up. The day after St. Patricks day we woke up to this disaster in the kitchen. The leprechauns came and played a trick on us. There was messes everywhere....from the girls rooms, down the hall, and into the kitchen. Then the leprechauns sent the girls on a scavenger hunt. The started at my oldest's leprechaun trap.....the clue said they would find some gold where your mom washes your clothes........

They found a bunch of chocolate gold!!! Then they were sent to find the leprechauns favorite cereal for the next clue.
Lucky charms of course!!! Then they were off to find a bubbly drink where mom keeps her pots and pans.
Green Shasta is what they found. Last but not least they were off to the oven to find their treasure...........
Yummy green bowls of tasty treats!!!

The girls had a blast!!! Until we had to clean up the mess the leprechauns made.

I had a lot of fun doing this, but I was tormented all day trying to decide if I was going to. I have never done anything on St. Patricks day before because I didn't want to create another fictitious character to fib to my children about. But it was fun.....and we will see if those crazy leprechauns return next year. (just so I give credit where credit is due.....I looked one of Lisa's bloglinks and one of her friends did this and I thought it was a cute idea).

5 comments:

rkkorth said...

I LOVE IT! I am so glad you ended up doing it and best of all blogging it...now I have some great ideas for next years St. Patty's day! Just think you only have a a few years in life to do fun things like this with your kids, then they will be all grown up and think it's foolish! Fun stuff!

Lhone said...

That is so cool that you tried that! I am wondering about all this fibbing I do to my kids. I hate when they ask straight out about things and I don't know what to say. I just want to tell them about it all. I guess they'll figure it out.

Brook said...

How Fun!! What a fun idea! Next year they may have to drop by our house too:) Your girls look so cute as always...What a fun day with daddy on the town! Hope all is well!Loves!!

Jen said...

This is a great idea. However I can't believe you intentionally made a mess in your house. Then posted pictures of it. I will definnately use this idea. Thanks

Kacey! said...

oh my hell!!! YOu are such a good mom, i don't even want to do the easter bunny this year...let alone little green people!!!!! that is cute!