
My little bug turns 1!!!!!! Yea!!! We have a tradition in our family that when we celebrate a #1 birthday, my little one gets her own cake to dig into. Or so that is the objective!!! Well, as you can see from the picture above....she didn't get into it very much. This is how she looked right after we took her out of her high chair. Wow, what a mess she is!! Ha, Ha!!! Not only did she not want to touch it, when I put her hand in the cake.....she gagged!!! I guess she
truly is my daughter...she passed the test.

Oh well, since she didn't get in her cake....we got to eat it!!!! How cute is her cake? I bought this pan that makes a giant size cupcake, then my friend Carole came over and helped me decorate it with yummy
butter cream frosting. It was really tasty, my little one missed out!!!!

She did love opening her presents though!!! Wrapping paper and tissue paper are her favorite gifts.!!! She did love her new baby though. She kept going back to it
every time she would open another present. We loved having having the Balls and Turners over to help us celebrate.


I know I have mentioned in the past the this little one is very high
maintenance!!! Holy cow, I love her.........but she requires more attention then my other three combined. I kept thinking to myself the past year..."If I can just make it to her 1st birthday" Well, the birthday has come and gone and.......................yep still high
maintenance. I guess that is just her personality, so we will just keep trying to keep up with her demands.
4 comments:
Happy birthday!!! I hope she settles down on the high maintenance thing! what an adorable cake! You did an awesome job decorating it! and the bows in her hair match! totally cute.
The day Heather was born I went to a place to celebrate and to reflect on fatherhood, something I wanted in the since I was a Junior in high school. Seven years later and well worth the wait, the gift of Heather was entrusted to the stewardship of earthly parents. While contemplating I chose a beautiful and very appropriate piece of music. The title was "Heather". Another way I celebrated was to rent a steam cleaner and clean all the carpets and other deep cleaning to welcome her to her new home and the return of her mother. I am not sure if Heather has been back through the many feet of super 8 movies I took of my daughters lives growing to womanhood, is one where on a summer day in her first home on a very green grass with a blanket or something she celebrated her 6 mo. birthday with a cake to inspect, taste and to take apart. Her reaction I remember was surprise, joy and fun.
WOW time sure does fly! I can't believe she is 1! Hope you all had fun!
Has it been a year already. I love the cupcake cake...the Carole...wow!!
Post a Comment