Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Happy Anniversary to us!!!! It was a milestone!!! 10 years whaoooo!!! We celebrated by spending Valentine's weekend at sunny San Diego. Thanks to my awesome friend Azuree (love ya) and my mom (of course I love ya too) who kept my girls while we were gone.
It wasn't all that sunny ,but we still had a lot of fun anyway. In fact the only day that was sunny was the day we left. We stayed at a resort on Coronado Island. We were only there a few short days but we got a lot in. This is a picture of my hunk of a husband in front of the bay just off our hotel room.
The thing I wanted to do the most while we were there was to go to the temple. It is one of my favorites, even more so since we were able to go inside. Wow, it is beautiful. This picture doesn't do it justice.

One of the mornings we were there we went on a whale watching tour on a 40 foot sailboat. We were a little nervous about getting sea sick, but both of us did good. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see a whale, but we did see a lot of dolphins. They were so fun to watch. Diving and jumping right in front of us. Our captain said that he had been taking people out on tours for about 4 years and our trip was only the 4th time he had been out during whale watching time and not seen a whale. Just my luck huh?
This picture is of one of the houses along the beach as we set out for the big ocean. Can you imagine owning this thing. Big house with your own private beach? Anyone want to come over for a play date?

The two Love birds!!! It was freezing!!! That is why we are sporting some pretty fashionable, huge, rubber coats!!! I even had a scarf and gloves on!!


We had a great trip!!! It was hard to get me there, because I was so worried about leaving my kids. But once I was there I didn't want to come home. I even tried to change everything so we could stay one more day. The kids did great and I can't wait for my next trip away!!!

3 comments:

John and Charese said...

I am so glad you had fun! Sorry bout the girls being sick~ yuck!

Lhone said...

Such a fun trip. Sorry it was cold. Blaine said its in the 80s in Florida! I'm jealous! It looks like you had a great time!

rkkorth said...

I'm glad you went! You need to do that more often (at least that's what I tell myself)! I love the SD temple, it looks like a palace right in the middle of a grubby city! I would like to go inside someday! Sorry about the whale situation....that would be something that would happen to me :(